Thursday, November 1, 2007

Poll results

Last week's big Harry Potter news story was J.K. Rowling's statement that Dumbledore is gay.

To see what readers of this blog thought, see the poll results below:

Question: My reaction to J.K. Rowling's revelation about Dumbledore:

  • 43%: It surprised me.
  • 37%: I suspected it after reading the 7th book.
  • 12%: What???!!!
  • 6%: I knew it all along.
I'm VERY impressed with the 6% who knew it all along. Those people should try their luck in Vegas.

In the midst of J.K. Rowling's announcement there was a sizable backlash of people who felt that this kind of information was unwanted and unnecessary. I posted a poll on this topic and found the readers of Wizards Wireless to be overwhelming in favor of Rowling providing details about the characters. For my opinion, see this post.

Question: My opinion about J.K. Rowling revealing additional details about the characters in the Harry Potter books is:
  • 66%: I love reading all the details. I find it fascinating.
  • 19%: The books stand on their own. Her comments are irrelevant.
  • 14%: Enough already! I wish she'd stop.
  • 0%: I don't really care either way.
What do I think? Well, I LOVE reading the interviews, transcripts and articles, but I still have my own thoughts and theories about the characters. See this post for my thoughts about the future of some of the Harry Potter characters.

Be sure to vote on my long-running poll about your favorite Harry Potter characters. The results have been fascinating so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment