Thursday, June 28, 2007

Welcome!

I think I'm the last person in the world to start a blog.

Why start now? I was sitting at a table in a bar this past Saturday (not something I usually do)... with 15 very cool people who were as interested in children's books as I am. What made it interesting was that virtually everyone present had a blog (at least 10 of the 15).... so people were introduced by the screen names- not their actual names.

I thought, what the heck, I can do this too. I have way too many opinions that I share with anyone who will listen. So I thought I'd give it a try... despite the fact that my 18 year old cousin informed me that "blogs are so three years ago."

So- welcome... and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it! Three years ago? Poof! Piffle before the wind! Books are timeless, and so what if you're not the first, or only, or even best (who knows? there's no 'best'}-- do it because you feel like it, and know that even if you're a little fish in a big sea, you're swimming, by gum! and you're not just standing on the bank, thinking, oooh, it looks like such fun. As Joyce Valenza says, "Lead from the middle!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jane! for reading my blog... and writing such wonderful inspirational comments.

    ReplyDelete