Question: My favorite characters in the Harry Potter series are:
- Hermione Granger (23 votes)
- Harry Potter (21 votes)
- Severus Snape (17 votes)
- Neville Longbottom (16 votes)
- Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley (15 votes each)
- Remus Lupin, Minerva McGonagall, Fred Weasley and George Weasley (14 votes each)
- Ron Weasley (13 votes)
- Sirius Black and Albus Dumbledore (12 votes each)
- Nymphadora Tonks (8 votes)
- Molly Weasley (7 votes)
- Rubeus Hagrid and Lily Potter (6 votes each)
- Dobby (5 votes)
- Aberforth Dumbledore, Lee Jordan, Gilderoy Lockhart, Rita Skeeter and Arthur Weasley. (5 votes each)
- Hedwig, James Potter, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Bill Weasley. (3 votes each)
- Dudley Dursley, Kreacher, Victor Krum, Draco Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, Mad Eye Moody, Charlie Weasley, Oliver Wood and Lord Voldemort. (2 votes each)
- Bellatrix Lestrange, Dolores Umbridge and Percy Weasley. (1 vote each)
- Fleur Delacour, Petunia Dursley,
Dursley, Xenophilius Lovegood, Auntie Muriel, Peter Pettigrew, Horace Slughorn and the Giant Squid. (0 votes each) Vernon
Characters who got more votes than I expected them to: Snape, Voldemort, Umbridge, Bellatrix and Draco.
Characters who got fewer votes than I expected them to: Ron, Albus Dumbledore, Hagrid and Fleur.
I think the results would be very different for these characters if I had done the poll before the 7th book was relased: Neville, Snape, Ron, Albus Dumbledore, Molly Weasley, Dudley, James Potter, Lily Potter, Minerva McGonagall and Kreacher.
So, now that I know who everyone likes the best, I'm curious to find out who you like the least? Who do you love to hate? Who do you quietly loathe? Who do you think is a coward? Who would you be unlikely to invite over for dinner? See the new poll in the sidebar.
I expect it to be a close race between Voldemort, Umbridge and Bellatrix... but I'm sure I'll be proven wrong. The new poll consists of the characters who got zero, one or two votes in the favorite characters poll. Also, I added a few Death Eaters and general unsavory figures to round it out. As in the last poll, the choices are listed alphabetically, and you can vote for more than one.