Monday, January 28, 2008

Tales from the Slushpile

I love comic strips. I love children's books. So, it stands to reason that I love Tales from the Slushpile, which is a comic strip about writing children's books.

Tales from the Slushpile is written and illustrated by Ed Briant and appears in Publisher's Weekly's electronic newsletter Children's Bookshelf.

I particularly liked this week's edition about Hugo Cabret winning the Caldecott. (Scroll to the bottom of the page). Here's the link for the first installment of Tales from the Slushpile... and you can read as many as you like.

And if you love children's books, I highly recommend signing up for free e-mail delivery of PW's Children's Bookshelf. It contains lots of information about current events in children's book publishing... plus it has a comic strip on the bottom of every issue.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that I need to get back to reading "Tales..." regularly. I used to check it all the time but I've fallen out of the habit. The Hugo Cabret strip was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille- Oh, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who likes "Tales From the Slushpile." It's always my favorite part of the newsletter.

    ReplyDelete