Friday, February 29, 2008

Carnivals

The February Carnival of Children's Literature is up today at Anastasia Suen's blog, Picture Book of the Day. Head on over and check it out.

I have new appreciation for carnival hosts after I hosted the January Carnival of Children's Literature. It takes some work, but it's a fantastic way to discover wonderful blogs and to meet new people. If you're ever interested in hosting, just get in touch with Melissa Wiley at Here in the Bonny Glen. Melissa recently created a webpage that explains all about the Children's Literature Carnival and contains an archive of every carnival so far.

There's a new carnival in the works for booksellers at the American Booksellers Association Omnibus blog. The first Carnival of Independent Bookselling is about why you decided to become a bookseller (if, of course, you are a bookseller at an independent store). Submit your post through Blog Carnival's submission link, or send an e-mail to sarah-AT-bookweb-DOT-org. Submissions are due by March 21, and the carnival will be posted on March 25.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! I hope we'll see your story in there. (Which reminds me that I still have to get my own post written...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome, Sarah. My decision to become a bookseller was a very spontaneous one... I'll work on a post about it.

    ReplyDelete