Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking for guest bloggers

Wizards Wireless is starting a new series of profiles highlighting wonderful independent bookstores and terrific libraries. I'm a big fan of both and I'm always looking for new ones to visit and to tell people about. If you have a favorite, and you're willing to write a guest post about it, I'd love to feature it on my blog.

Here's what I'm looking for:
  • Independent bookstores (locally owned) that either specialize in children's books or have large children's book sections.
  • Libraries with wonderful children's departments. It can either be a specific branch or a large system. It can be a new library, a remodeled library or one that's been around forever.
  • What do you like about the library or bookstore? What do they do well? What impresses you? Do you like their website? If you've been there several times, why do you keep coming back?
The libraries and bookstores can be located anywhere in the world, as long as they focus on children's books. They can be places you've visited once or places you go every week.

I have lots of bookstore resources posted on the sidebar and a long list of independent bookstores. For an example of a bookstore profile, here's one I just posted about Powells in Portland, Oregon.

If you'd be willing to write a guest post, you can e-mail me at

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    I frequent two independent bookstores that have lovely children's sections: Olsson's in Alexandria, VA and The Winchester Book Gallery in Winchester, VA. I would be happy to write about one or both of these on your blog. Great idea!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    That would be terrific. If you e-mail me profiles of either or both, I'll post them on my blog under your name. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently behind in all my projects, but I'd be happy to submit profiles of both Island Books and All For Kids Books here in Seattle and Mercer Island, WA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alkelda,
    That would be lovely!
    -Susan

    ReplyDelete