Thursday, March 27, 2008

Poll results

I'm going to clean up the sidebar a bit, and post the results from a few recent polls.

Question: Have you seen the movie Cars?
Answers:
  • A few times (9 votes)
  • Nope (9 votes)
  • Once (6 votes)
  • Approximately 8 million times. I've lost count. (4 votes)
I made a few recommendations for books based on Cars in this post... in case you're a parent (like me) who has seen the movie more times than you'd like to admit.

Question: My reaction to the Thursday, March 14 for Better or For Worse strip is:
Answers:
  • Bleah (14 votes)
  • Finally (7 votes)
  • Mixed (3 votes)
  • Yay (2 votes)
For those who haven't been following For Better or For Worse lately, the March 14th strip I'm referring to is about Liz and Anthony getting engaged. According to the poll results, there don't seem to be a lot of fans of this development. I think what mainly bothers me about it is that it's been fairly love-less so far. It feels like they're making a business deal.

Question: Harry Potter 7 is being released as two movies. What do you think?
Answers:
  • I love it. They'll have time to do it justice. (14 votes)
  • I'm reserving judgment until I see it. (9 votes)
  • I don't like it. Seems like an odd choice. (8 votes)
  • I don't care either way. (5 votes)
I'm not sure which way to vote on this one. Actually, I think I agree with all four options.

There are two polls up now. One is based on this post about the ALA conference and the BookExpo. And I just added a new poll. I feel like I read a lot of books... but am always awed by how many books other librarians, booksellers and bloggers read. So, I'm curious. Taking this past week as an example of a typical week, how many new books (including picture books) have you read? They don't have to be newly published, just new to you.

1 comment:

  1. On the new books question, I totally cheated. I haven't read more new books than I can count this week. But I've skimmed dozens. Each week, we get dozens of new books to review, following processing, before we put them on the shelves. I try to take at least a cursory look at just about all of them. Only a few get a real sit-down read, though. My brain just doesn't have enough space for it all.

    ReplyDelete