Sunday, June 29, 2008

ALA Convention: Disneyland

Greetings from the American Library Association Annual Convention!

Welcome to Disneyland...

where statues are taller than castles

where Mary Poppins is waiting to greet you

where you can stand in line for everything

Including season passes

where the benches have mouse ears

where only serious items are sold in the shops

where danger lurks around every corner

where the staff is always smiling

even when It's a Small World is closed

and where everyone carries a bag.

Things I learned at Disneyland:
Librarians make fantastic park companions.
They're incredibly organized and they show up early.

Academic librarians can run faster than you think.

Acquisitions librarians research everything.

A good way to get to know a library director is to sit next to one on Space Mountain.


2 comments:

  1. It would be such fun to see Mary Poppins! (love the photo). I also like your funny/fun observations about librarians being good companions. Of course! :)

    I've tagged you for the Six Word Memoir meme. Hope you have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I've commented here before.... but I do enjoy reading the posts, and I know I've voted in the polls a couple of times. I don't know if you do memes, but I tagged you for one. :)

    ReplyDelete