Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coming to a shelf near you: Blueberries for Sal!

I mentioned in this post how sad I was that Blueberries for Sal seemed to be going quietly out of print.

Today, I was thrilled to see this article in this week's Publisher Weekly's Children's Bookshelf. Blueberries for Sal will be back in print again (in a slightly modified edition) with 50,000 copies available in late May or early June.

The article also goes into detail about why Penguin wasn't able to sell the book for about a year.

Welcome back, Sal! We're so happy to see you again.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. When my daughter was born in 2004, we got THREE copies as baby gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news. Its a pity it took so long for the parties to come to terms. looks like the future of all his titles have been secured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news! I'm working on a Blueberry Girl doll and thought about Blueberries for Sal as well as Gaiman's Blueberry Girl and Beskow's Peter in Blueberry Land.

    I got an email today asking if I'd be willing to recieve paperback copies of the last 3 HP books on my blog as part of a contest giveaway, and I thought, "Not I, but I'd bet Wizards Wireless would like this." Then I realized to my shock and chagrin that I'd not visited in ages. Gah! It was much, much simpler when I had five blog buddies and would go to pieces every time a newcomer would come along to commment.

    ReplyDelete