Maureen from Confessions of a Bibliovore suggests:
- Fern from Charlotte's Web: a farm girl costume
- Mrs. Whatsit from A Wrinkle in Time: Crazy scarves, hats and skirts.
- Harry Potter: Graduation gown, round glasses and a mascara scar
- The Cat in the Hat: get a red and white striped hat and a black tail. Wear all black. Cut the "bib" from a white T-shirt/undershirt. Tie a red bow around your neck with cloth. Draw on whiskers.
- Pippi Longstocking: Make a wig with red warn and wire.
- Waldo: Dress in red and white striped clothing and a stocking cap. Go from house to house asking if anybody if they've seen Waldo.
- Professor McGonagall: Use your grad gown. A loooong pretzel makes a good wand. It's great for keeping that feather in the air, too. Additional suggestion from Susan: Add glasses, a witch hat and put your hair in a bun (if possible).
- Little Red Riding Hood: A red cape and carrying a basket (with a wolf inside it).
- Wear an orange blouse and put pumpkin eyes, nose, and mouth on the back of it. You could be Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater or The Great Pumpkin.
- Viola Swamp from Miss Nelson is Missing: Black dress, striped tights, black nails, messy black wig.
- Knuffle Bunny: Put on bunny ears, a tail and whiskers.
- The Pigeon from Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus: Dress in blue. Draw on a beak. Carry a toy hot dog and a bus.